- sponsors guest speakers for Southern classes
- supports career oriented programs that involved Southern Alumni
- provides several academic scholarships and sponsors the Danforth Awards
- honors successful alumni through the SGHS Alumni Hall of Fame
- assists with updated class lists for class reunions
- provides all members with periodic newsletters keeping alumni connected with current events
- funds staff requests for equipment that enriches classroom instruction
- supports the Alumni Association website
- published the first SGHS Alumni Directory
- sponsors other alumni activities
The Garrett County Board of Education voted on January 12, 2021, to accept the Superintendent’s recommendation to remain in the “red model” in which students are learning virtually. Students will begin transitioning back to in-person learning when the Garrett County metrics are at 5% or less positivity rate and 15 or less per 100,000 for 14 consecutive days.
Anyone with a question or concern may contact email@example.com, and you will receive a response.
There have been 1,665 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Garrett County.
Please continue to check our website and the GCPS Coronavirus Updates page for more information.